How to Market and Present Your Licensing Opportunity
The course teaches the basics of marketing and presenting a licensing opportunity. It covers the importance of good research, and why it’s important for your presentations and negotiations. Why presenting is a critical part of licensing, what makes a good presentation and how to create one that works. Why tradeshows are an indispensable tool to find licensees, research the competition, network within your market, and test your IP.
What Will I Learn?
- Tips for conducting due diligence and what you need to know about “invention promotion” companies before you buy into them
- How to get your due diligence information ready for the presentation – you’ll want to make sure you do more than just regurgitate what you’ve found
- Why it’s important to know who your audience is before you make a presentation and what to do if you don’t know the answer to a question
- How to create a “tangible” presentation that demonstrates the application of your copyright, trademark, or patent
- How to determine what kinds of tradeshows to go to, who to seek out when you’re there, and exactly how to have an exhibit there