From IP to Income – A Quick Start Guide to Licensing
One of the most powerful tools for leveraging income and creating multiple revenue streams is by licensing intellectual properties. Intellectual property is an innovative product or service you’ve created that you can license out to third parties to generate income for yourself. This course will introduce the basics of licensing and how it works, from what licensing is, to how to find partners, to the key terms in licensing agreements.
What Will I Learn?
- How to develop a “licensing mindset” by noticing the innovations that surround you every day – and how to know where your invention will fit in
- Sound marketing principles you need to know to make the most money off your intellectual property.
- How to find other ways to license your IP into new markets or product applications
- Why you should think beyond the United States when considering licensing and the top 5 global markets for product inventions
- The most important steps when searching for partners and presenting your IP
- 6 Key business terms in the licensing agreement that make or break a licensing deal